Sep 13, 2012

Getting to know where to start

honestly, I have no idea at all where to start.not even a bit.
since I am the eldest in my family, the eldest daughter, the eldest granddaughter and the eldest greatgranddaughter, I have limited resources that I can rely on in my family.
the last wedding for a daughter in my family was on 2005.that was ages.my granduncles and grandaunts are too old to remember every single details about the wedding
as for my parents, they were excited, excited but nervous because I'm the first one!
well both sides are, mine and his parents.
I think they were more nervous than I am hehe.

All I know are these four main steps :
1) Merisik
2) Meminang/Bertunang
3) Bernikah (Solemnization)
4) Kenduri (Wedding Reception)

What I wasn't aware off are those tiny and detail steps in between those four.and also the people we need to handle.sigh.


----------------------------------------------

the initial idea was to combine both merisik and bertunang in one event since my family is in Penang and his family is from KL and his grandparents live in Jengka,Pahang.it is a 4.5hours drive and I'm trying to make it easy for everybody.

But Mother refused...she wanted his family to come for merisik first then only bertunang later.
We discussed this over and Man agreed.he said, "Takpe, dah Mama nak macam tu, ikut je la yang, I usahakan la mcm2 mana pun". thanks for not complaining.ILY B :)

We wanted to settle the merisik thingy before Ramadhan but the dates picked clashed.
One weekend my mother was going to Bangkok for her college trip and another weekend Man's father was attending his company dinner.

I was down,literally.

discussion after discussion, since we were too late to set the merisik date before Ramadhan, we postponed it to after Raya, on National Day to be exact, two weeks before my Engagement date, that was last week. will provide the details later.


----------------------------------------------

regarding our Engagement date, I picked out the date randomly. Man doesn't want to be engaged for too long, since we are considering to tie the knot somewhere in mid 2013, I think September would be sufficient. His idea was to get engaged in Dec and get married by March or April.tunang sekejap je la kiranya.crazeyhhhhh, mana sempat woi.nak cari dewan,baju,goodies and not to mention all those official stuff, HIV test, kebenaran nikah, kursus kahwin and etc.

and so yeah, I picked out 16th September 2012 as our Engagement date, Hari Malaysia, a national public holiday, a long weekend and one day before my birthday.ngee.
EH! that is this Sunday :D
Merisik on Independence Day and Engagement on Malaysia's Day, patriotic much heh?


----------------------------------------------

roughly, the plan is to have my wedding somewhere mid April and his side would be in early May.
why April? 
firstly, because I have booked our honeymoon tickets to Phuket end of April.HAHA. So, kena la nikah before honeymoon, tak nikah mcm mana nak honeymoon ye tak? HAHA again.
secondly because my parents prefer the reception not to be held during school holidays.depa tak suka banyak sangat kenduri at one time nanti tak semua kawan depa tak boleh mai. lagi pun ada 2,3 orang je sepupu2 yg bersekolah. yg kecik2 duduk taska ramai la. and rasanya macam tak ada cikgu dalam family I.
third, Alhamdulillah, the dates we are considering, student USM tengah cuti semester, so dewan available.

actually, the hall is booked on 13th April for the reception to give way for Man's side the following week, and end of April they can set us free to go for our booked honeymoon ngehngehngeh.
but since Man's side is currently deciding 4th of May, I'm considering to delay my nikah and reception date for another week so that I can have a very loooooongggg leave after my majlis.given that the hall is available la.kalau tak,proceed with the original plan saje.
cuti dah sikit sebab dah masuk industry manufacturing, dengan forced shutdown leave lagi.le sigh.nasib baik la marriage leave 5 hari.

so the flow would be like:
Nikah - Shepha's Reception - Honeymoon - Man's Reception

and I would be pretty much sunburnt for his side's reception.HAHA lagi.


----------------------------------------------

itu lah serba sedikit review awal berkenaan tangga2 yg perlu kami daki untuk menuju hari bahagia.
awal2 lagi dah ada ujian2 kecil tapi Alhamdulillah, it has showed that how much Man wanted to settle down with me and he ain't complaining :)

No comments:

Post a Comment